Bernarda’s backstageCentro Parraga, Spain
DIRECTOR Alejandra Prieto
Costume Design, Lighting design Felype de Lima
In eight years of mourning no wind from the street has entered this house. Make them realize that we have blocked it out with bricks, doors and windows. This happened at my father´s house as well as that of my grandfather.
A version of Lorca’s tragedy but performed without words. It makes visible what, in the original work of Lorca, is literally, not seen. A tribute to freedom, something that is always in danger, and the courage of living against the repressive social norm, even at the risk of losing your life. It is a multidisciplinary work that experiments with mixing various theatrical languages and performing techniques, such as the theatre of objects (using rod puppets, puppet theatre, Japanese bunraku, Otome bunraju and shadows), the performer as an actor and manipulator, dance, the use of video and video projections.
- Author Federico García Lorca
- Stage director Alejandra Prieto
- Adaptation Alejandra Prieto
- Set design Ruth García, María Torrano, Alejandra Prieto, Jose Antonio Sánchez
- Costume design and lighting design Felype de Lima
- Video design Ana Ugarte, Paloma Bielicka
- Music Eduardo Ros, Michael Costagliola, Raul Orte
- Assistant director Michael Williams, Lee Taglin, Oona Curley
- Photography Javier Tomas Biosca, Felype de Lima
- Cast Mari Cruz Planchelo, Alejandra Prieto