FaustLjubljana Festival, Slovenia
DIRECTOR Tomaž Pandur
Costume Design, Mask design Felype de Lima
"If one day I tell the fleeting moment: Stop this instant, you're so beautiful!, you can then put me in chains, for I consent willingly to die. You can then ring the funeral bell; you are then relieved of your service; the clock can stop, the hands fall and time will end for me. "
The confrontation with one of Europe´s greatest myths inspires Pandur to revive and reinterpret the Faust legend with the creation of a show where his psychology, fears of loneliness, love and passions are dissected. At the beginning, the protagonist, Heinrich Faust, at the peak of his intellectual strength, is also at the peak of his despair, he is bordering on the suicidal, he feels completely lost. He would like to feel a moment when he can say, “Stop, you’re so beautiful! But, how and where to find and feel it? Where is it hiding?
In this desperate and suicidal moment, in the blink of an eye we enter the interior landscape of Faust, in the particles of his real and imagined world, in his search for a perpetual moment of joy and fulfillment. His search is our search, one that never ends.
- Author J. W. Goethe
- Stage director Tomaž Pandur
- Dramaturgy and adapatacion Livija Pandur
- Translation Božo Vodušek, Erika Vouk
- Set design Sven Jonke (NUMEN)
- Costume design Felype de Lima
- Video design Dorijan Kolundžija
- Lighting design Tomaž Pandur
- Sound design Srečko Bajda
- Music Primož Hladnik y Boris Benko (SILENCE)
- Assistant director Jaša Koceli y Jan Krmelj
- Assistant director Andrej Vrhovnik
- Photography Aljoša Rebolj, Felype de Lima
- Cast Igor Samobor , Brane Šturbej , Barbara Cerar , Polona Juh , Branko Jordan, Uroš Fürst , Robert Korošec , Filip Samobor, Žan Perko, Matic Lukšič