Our townTeatro Fernán Gomez, Spain
DIRECTOR Gabriel Olivares
Set Design Felype de Lima
Everything goes so fast ... We don´t have time to look at one another. I didn´t know. All this happened and we didn´t notice. Oh, earth ... You're too wonderful for anyone to realise you! Do any human beings realise life while they live it?...
En Grover`s Corner, a small American town at the beginning of the twentieth century, the inhabitants pass through time living a simple, day to day existence, an existence that hides in its simplicity, the secret of life and death. And of happiness.
The touching humanity of Our Town is equally understandable by any culture, at any time and for any audience wherever they may be. And it is through this journey of the daily life of a small community from the last century, that we discover that with simplicity, without a hint of realism, with exposure close to nakedness, with the truth of poetry that which we all crave and desire to find: the place where happiness hides. Our Town reveals that the happiness and joy of life is in those little moments that go unnoticed, so common as to almost seem meaningless: a question from a child, a gesture of affection from a daughter to her father, a freshly ironed dress, a voice in a window calling someone to dinner, a brief encounter … Be born, grow up, get married, work, have children and die. Life and death, living and dying.
- Author Thornton Wilder
- Stage director Gabriel Olivares
- Set design Felype de Lima
- Lighting design Carlos Alzueta
- Sound space Ricardo Rey
- Musical arrangements César Camino
- Movement advisor Diana Bernedo
- Production Gaspar Soria
- Assistant director Venci Kostov
- Photography and graphic design Javier Tomás Biosca
- Marketing Sarriugarte
- Cast Chupi Llorente, Alejandro Pantany, Mónica Vic, Ángel Perabá, David García Palencia, Efraín Rodríguez, Eduard Alejandre, Eva Higueras, Javier Martín, Gemma Solé, Elena De Frutos, Paco Mora, Roser Pujol, Mariam Torres